Wireless Linksys wpc54g

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 05:42:37 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 21:18 -0800, Knute Johnson wrote:
> >Does anyone out there have clear and specific
> >instructions for installing the Linksys WPC54G
> >wireless pcmcia card?
>
> Carl:
>
> I've got one too and it worked fine until about mdway through FC5.
> Then something changed and I never could get it to work again.  If
> you turn up with a combination that works, please post something
> here.  There are several people around with those cards.

Could it be that your module quit with a kernel update and needs
recompiling? You are aware of the kernel version screwup with FC6? Fix
that, and try a tarball for your card and compile it yourself for your
current kernel. Might be worth a shot. I install things like that for
java and my webcam in /opt FC doesn't do anything with /opt so it's safe
there. Then when you update your kernel, you can go there and
re-compile. Then you don't have to wait for someone to remember to
upgrade your module rpm for the next kernel... which can take days. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net