Help, I buggered my Java!

Knute Johnson linux at rabbitbrush.frazmtn.com
Tue Dec 19 06:03:04 UTC 2006

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 21:24 -0800, Knute Johnson wrote:
>> Ric Moore wrote:
>>> put that link in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
>>> see if that doesn't do the trick. Ric
>>>
>> That didn't work.  Are you using JDK 1.6 by any chance?
>
> I have in /opt/  jre1.5.0_10  I had JDK installed but I never found
> libjavaplugin_oji.so in it to use. So I installed the jre.
>
> In the jre you find it in /opt/java/plugin/i386/ns7/
> java is a link to /opt/jre1.5.0_10/
> (if you install it in /opt as I suggested) Works like a charm.

Well it works fine with jpackage too but not with 1.6.  That's why I
asked if you had 1.6 running.  jpackage is the future at least as far as
Sun is concerned although I have used the /opt in the past with great
success.

If anybody has Sun's JDK 1.6 running with jpackage I would love to hear
how you did it.

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson