boot USB errors

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Dec 19 11:35:21 UTC 2006

Bob Hartung wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I have a new FC6 install with all updates install with yum.  When I
> installed, I had the
> computer hooked to a USB KBM switch but bypassed the keyboard (I thought
> I was having
> trouble with my USB keyboard) and used a PS/2 keyboard.  Now I have
> plugged the USB
> keyboard back in via the kvm switch and on boot I receive the following:
>
>  usb 1-1.1: failed to resstore interface 0, altsetting 0 (error=-110)
>
>  I get hundreds of these and boot goes no further even with the PS/2
> keyboard plugged back in.
>
> I do have legacy USB support turned on.
>
> Any ideas?  So far this upgrade to FC6 has been a disaster! Upgrade
> failed - had to wipe hd and do
> a complete reinstall.  The only saving grace is that I had /home/user
> backed up and I did not have anything
> on the machine that I could not reconstitute.
>
> TIA
>
> Bob

Unless you need to access the BIOS via the USB keyboard, (or old DOS,
win OS) legacy USB support is not needed. I had to disable USB legacy
support or my built-in keyboard would not be recognized on a laptop.

Could you disable legacy support and see if you can get the computer to
work properly?

Jim

--
Overdrawn?  But I still have checks left!