FC6 Madwifi from atrpms

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Dec 19 11:43:12 UTC 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 12:08:16PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 19.12.2006 09:45, antonio montagnani wrote:
> >I am trying to update madwifi from atrpm matching kernel-2.6.18-1.2868
> >(kmod-madwifi, madwifi-hal-kmdl, madwifi-kmdl packages) and I get:

for easily updating kmdls please use the yum-plugin-kmdl - no need to
worry anymore about kmdl details. Otherwise the following works also:

yum install foo foo-kmdl-`uname -r`

> >Missing Dependency: madwifi-kmod-common >= 0.9.2.1 is needed by
> >package kmod-madwifi
> >
> >what is wrong??
>
> kmod-madwifi is from livna and needs the madifi-packages from livna (yum
> probably will no see it if the atrpms-madwifi Version-Release is higher
> than the one from livna). User either Livna or atrpms.

AFAIK there is no namespace clash at all (livna uses kmod-foo and
foo-kmod, atrpms uses foo and foo-kmdl), so there should be no
shadowing.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net