OS Future now that Fedora Legacy defunct

Justin W jlist at jdjlab.com
Tue Dec 19 23:45:29 UTC 2006

Yesterday I read that Fedora Legacy has become defunct and I'm guessing
that means it won't be pushing any updates anymore. As that stands, it
probably means I have even more reasons to upgrade to a newer version.
With that, I was wondering if anybody has any inside knowledge of when
Red Hat might be releasing RHEL 5 (I know this isn't strictly a Fedora
question, but I know there are various Fedora users who also work for RH
and might know). Once it's released, I'd like to get the equivalent
version of CentOS for my server, but if it's going to be a while (say,
longer than a month from now), I'll just upgrade my server to Fedora
Core 6 during Christmas break.

Any enlightenment would be helpful.

Thanks,
Justin W