Missing define?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Dec 20 05:04:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 10:48:29PM -0600, Larry Phillips wrote:
> > Note that both FC3 and FC4 are no longer maintained and must be upgraded.
> Oh! Hadn't realized that. Can I upgrade straight to the latest? I'll also
> need to find a place to buy a CD set, I guess, as I am on dialup.

Theoretically, you can upgrade to the latest. There were some posts here a
while ago about how well that worked.

> Thanks for the heads-up.

Basically, you should expect to upgrade Fedora with every release, or at the
very least, every other release. It's designed to be a latest-and-greatest
distro. If you need more stability than that, look at the "cousin" distro
CentOS, which tracks Red Hat Enterprise Linux's very long support lifetimes.