sendmail domain masquerade

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 20 06:30:26 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 12:02 -0600, Matthew Benjamin wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to configure domain masquerade to actually
> work in sendmail.

Asking what I think is obvious:  Are the domain names that you're hoping
to use real or not?  Do they belong to you or someone else?  If you're
faking something up that happens to be the same as someone else's, you
might strike a few problems.  Conversely, you might need to run your own
DNS server to get faked domain names to work on your own system, the
hosts file isn't really adequate.