sendmail domain masquerade

Edward Dekkers edward at tdcs.com.au
Wed Dec 20 07:45:44 UTC 2006

Matthew Benjamin wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to configure domain masquerade to actually work
> in sendmail. I have changed the entries in sendmail.mc
> <http://sendmail.mc> and ran make to no avail. The entries I have
> changed are the listed below in sendmail.mc <http://sendmail.mc> (this
> listing is the generic listing)...
>
> dnl MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
> dnl #
> dnl # masquerade not just the headers, but the envelope as well
> dnl #
> dnl FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
> dnl #
> dnl # masquerade not just @mydomainalias.com <http://mydomainalias.com>,
> but @*.mydomainalias.com as well
> dnl #
> dnl FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
> dnl #
> dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost)dnl
> dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl
> dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomainalias.com <http://mydomainalias.com>)dnl
> dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomain.lan)dnl
> MAILER(smtp)dnl
> MAILER(procmail)dnl
>
> --
> mB.

Why not show your "not working" sendmail.mc instead of the generic one.
What you have changed things to.

Makes it kind of hard to diagnose anything if the relevant information
is missing.

We all have the generic one on our machines when we install sendmail. I
don't really see the point of posting that one.

Regards,
Ed.