dhcpd stop fails

Shawn javajunkie at koyuru.com
Wed Dec 20 09:18:09 UTC 2006

 Hi,
> Shawn,
>
> Shouldn't the command be 'service dhcpd stop' or '/etc/init.d/dhcpd
> stop'?  It looks like you are trying to execute a log file.
>
> Bob...

Funny eh.  It was late and I was using the only dhcpd file I could find.

Actually, it turns out that the dhcp rpm wasn't installed, so I didn't
have an /usr/sbin/dhcpd file.  The location of files has changed since
fc3 it seems so I couldn't use that as a reference.

Yes I wondered why it would be there.  Then found out the rpm was
missing.  Now I need a dhcpd.conf file.  See the recent dhcpd.conf
thread if you have time.

Shawn