Missing define?

Larry Phillips lar3ry at sasktel.net
Wed Dec 20 18:23:38 UTC 2006

On 20 Dec 2006 at 11:19, Carroll Grigsby wrote:

> Back when I was on dialup, I bought several CD sets from www.cheapbytes.com,
> and I was very pleased with their service. You can find other CD vendors at
> distrowatch.com; as an added bonus, these guys contribute some of their
> revenue back to the OSS community.

Sounds good. I went to the Ditribution page at fedora.redhat,  and found a couple of Canadian distributors. Right now I am trying to
figure out which distribution I need. I see 1386, x86, x86_64, and i686 all spoken of, and the vendors I have found so far seem to
only carry i386 and x86_64. Will the i386 distribution do for a 486 or Pentium machine?

> Other possible CD/DVD sources include many of the Linux magazines that are
> often available at the chain bookstores. Better yet, is there a Linux user
> group in your area?

That I don't know, but perhaps I can find out. The only user group I ever belonged to was for the Amiga, and that was in the
Vancouver area.

Thanks for the help.
Larry

--
O Sibili, Si. Ergo Fortibus es in ero.
O Nobili! Deis Trux. Vatis inem? Causen Dux!