How to install Java/Frefox in FC6 -

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 00:18:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 10:44 -0800, Knute Johnson wrote:
> > My
> >query was whether anybody had more luck than I did with the current
> >version (1.6.0).
>
> I couldn't get it to work.  Firefox reported it as installed but
> applets did not work.  I had installed the rpm version with jpackage.
>  I removed all of the 1.6 parts and put 1.5.0_09 back in and that
> works fine again.
>
> If you get 1.6 to work, please post directions for the rest of us
> blivets.
>
> Thanks,
I installed the jre.bin for 6.0, in the same fashion I have mentioned,
and "it just works" (tm), if all you want is the java client to enable
Firefox. I went to the java site, tested the install and got
congratulations as I have pasted here:
JAVA SOFTWARE for Your Computer

We detected your Java environment as
follows;