Error message: "Totem could not play mms"

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 21 06:10:28 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 12:46 -0700, Reg Clemens wrote:
>     No URI handler implemented for "mms".

That's not a codec issue, that's a transport issue.  MMS, like HTTP,
NNTP, etc., are methods of remote access to data.  There's two aspects
to your problem:  Having something that can use the MMS protocol.
Having your browser pass over the request to it.

I think you could handle the first with mplayer, the second with
something like mplayer-plugin (I can't recall the exact name, but it's a
mplayer plug-in for a web browser).

I read messages from the public lists.