How to install Java/Frefox in FC6 -

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 07:20:33 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 22:13 +1030, Tim wrote:

> Trying the same with 1.6.0, instead, also appears to go through the
> motions without any hitches, but when you try to test the Java in the
> browser, it doesn't actually work.  It doesn't matter whether this was
> on a machine as the first attempt at installing Java (so it had no prior
> versions to compete with), or attempting to install 1.6.0 onto the
> machine where 1.5.0_10 actually worked, attempting to update things.

Tim, where are your plugin links linked to? I just slipped jre1.6
into /opt as you did and it tested just fine, after adjusting the links
that I use. Then I removed it and I installed jdk1.6 and adjusted my
links again, and firefox reports success on the java test pages. Write
me off list so we don't offend anyone by having java actually work.
Gonna play with NetBeans too. I might learn something at this advanced
age. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net