I810: drmSetBusid failed, Permission denied

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Dec 21 09:42:25 UTC 2006

   I'm failing to get 3D acceleration working no my Intel-915-based Vaio
laptop;  I *thought* I'd 'just worked' with my initial install of FC5, but
I've not upgraded to FC6 & it's not working.

   The only real telling thing I can see in the X output (I think I may have
seen the BIOS checksum error as well) is:

(II) I810(0): [drm] drmSetBusid failed (10, pci:0000:00:02.0),
Permission denied

   .. and then DRI init. fails.

   There's also (in the log or glxgear's output) something about not
supporting a certain visual, which I've seen mentioned.

   The only clue I can find online talks about gcc version mismatches, but
I've not compiled any of these, they're just the normal Fedora RPMs.

   The i810 module's loaded, I've got Composite enabled and the DRI mode
section in xorg.conf.  I've tried adding the VideoRam option with 64Mb, but
there aren't any RAM-related warnings in the X output.

   Any ideas what I should check next?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature