buying a 56K modem...

Donald Tripp dtripp at hawaii.edu
Thu Dec 21 21:23:06 UTC 2006

I have a conexant based 56k external serial modem. They are sold
under several brand names, but look like this one:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=440057

Totally hardware based. Works great under linux and with a dial-up
router I have incase of primary internet failure.

- Donald Tripp
  dtripp at hawaii.edu
HPC Systems Administrator
High Performance Computing Center