OS Future now that Fedora Legacy defunct

Donald Tripp dtripp at hawaii.edu
Thu Dec 21 21:40:03 UTC 2006

I concur. I use FC for my desktop / laptop, and Scientific Linux
(another RHAS rebuild) for our cluster and servers. For high
performance computing you are not concerned with the latest greatest
version of xwindows or grub, but more concerned with stability. RHAS
rebuild projects give us that stability ( I'm still running
2.6.9-34EL ). But for my desktop where I am tweaking this, compile
test programs, evaluating software for other users, its good to be on
the bleeding edge, even if sometimes you get cut... :-)

- Donald Tripp
  dtripp at hawaii.edu
HPC Systems Administrator
High Performance Computing Center