OpenOffice AutoFormat Driving me crazy

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Dec 21 22:48:55 UTC 2006

The subject says it all. How do I stop OfficeOffice Writer from
continually re-formatting what I am working on. I am writing numbered
paragraphs, but I do NOT want OO to auto-number them. Moreover I do NOT
want OO to suddenly auto-indent a paragraph I have just finished
writing. For example, I end the paragraph, hit 'Return' twice to create
a line space between the end of the paragraph and the start of the next
one, and when I hit the *second* return, the first paragraph
self-indents a tab space....which is just what I do NOT want.

I have tried Format Paragraph with everything set a '0'..and named that
as the default.but that does not help.  So where do I turn off that
behaviour?

This damn auto-indenting is about to cause me to auto-explode.

Geoff