Big Problems with Session Manager ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Fri Dec 22 18:05:53 UTC 2006

Hi Phil and Dave;

I will prepare a detailed bug report to both Fedora and Gnome during the
holidays.

On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 08:46 -0700, Phil Meyer wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > Before I submit a series of bugs to bugzilla, I would like to check if
> > others are having the same problems.  Specifically with Gnome Sessions
> > Manager:
[snip]

> This has been an irritation since FC5.
You're right.  I forgot about the battles I had with FC5.  I got
something kinda working and left it at that.

> Also, if you crash an X session either intentionally or unintentionally,
> the next login features *some* of your applications, only one gnome
> terminal at a random location, the gnome session chooser dialog (even
> though default is the only session) and a randomly sized and placed
> nautilus.
>
> Now you are stuck with this setup until you turn on save session at exit
> again.
>
> The option to set up things the way you like it, lock it down, and
> repeat it on each successive login is gone from the session options
> altogether.
>
> This is my number one gripe with Gnome now days.  It is impossible
> currently to have a consistent desktop on login.  It has been this way
> since FC5.

I'll include part of both your comments, if that is alright with you.

P.S.  I have been storing up a list of several other annoyances for
other standard programs and applets.  I will be putting them on the
Fedora site over the long weekend.  If you agree, give me a short
response please so that I know it is not just me screwing up and I'll
send off bug reports in all the appropriate directions.  I will check
the bugzilla lists thoroughly before sending new bugs.

--
Regards Bill