Calling mplayer users

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 20:42:09 UTC 2006

On 12/22/06, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Stepping through seems to take me just 10 seconds along the time-line -
> rather
> slow for a long production.  I have 5-minute-ish chapters made, and want
> jump along them.

A . will advance one frame.  Using the left and right arrows jumps 10
seconds.  Using the up and down arrows jumps 60 seconds.  Using page-up and
page-down will advance 10 minutes.   Using ! and @ steps throught chapters,
I think.

I can't find any snapshot tool, and using ksnapshot seems
> to result in either a blank blue screen or a jig-saw series of
> part-screens,
> overwriting previously saved unrelated pngs.  I've never seen behaviour
> like
> this before.

I had this problem when trying to play videos on a TV via s-video.  There is
probably a better way to do this, but opening the video once, pausing it,
then opening it again from a separate terminal will cause the video in the
second window to be captured with various print screen programs.

looking now at
man mplayer
/screenshot
(then 'n' to cycle through)

This seems to give useful information, but using the 's' key as suggested
didn't work for me.

Good Luck
--
Dylan