ssh: Permission denied

Donald Tripp dtripp at hawaii.edu
Fri Dec 22 21:23:20 UTC 2006

But think of it this way: you see all those log files with people
trying to GUESS usernames: fred, mary, joe, jane.... wouldn't it be
better to NOT allow root access so they MUST guess your username as
well as key, and password? Three phase authentication is always
better than two!

- Donald Tripp
  dtripp at hawaii.edu
HPC Systems Administrator