FC6 & LTSP

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Dec 22 22:44:35 UTC 2006

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:33:25 -0600
Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Strange.  How did you go about upgrading LTSP?  I used to install it
> "by hand", but lately (since FC5), I've been using the
> 'ltsp-utils.noarch' package available in extras.

I installed it in /opt/ltsp using ltspadmin.

> Have you tried a creating a new user?

No, that's one thing that I didn't try.

>  Your symtoms remind me of
> troubles I had trying to get NFS /home directories going.  Check
> /var/log/messages for NFS errors.

I don't see any NFS errors.  As it "knows" when I am already logged in on the
server, doesn't that indicate that it can find the home directories?

> If you have another WM installed, I'd try selecting that instead of Gnome - just to compare.

I don't have anything other than Gnome on that machine, but I may get desperate
enough to add something.

> I guess you've run 'ltspcfg' a few times by now :)

Once or twice, indeed...

>  Is there anything out of the ordinary listed on the 'status report'?

Nope.  Looks perfectly normal to me.

ltspcfg v0.16            The Linux Terminal Server Project (http://www.LTSP.org)

Interface IP Address      Netmask         Network         Broadcast        Used
eth0      192.168.0.5     255.255.255.0   192.168.0.0     192.168.0.255   <-----

Service    Installed   Enabled   Running   Notes
dhcpd      Yes         Yes       Yes       Version 3
tftpd      Yes         Yes       Yes       Has '-s' flag
portmapper Yes         Yes       Yes
nfs        Yes         Yes       Yes
xdmcp      Yes         Yes       Yes       gdm, kdm   Using: gdm

File                                Configured  Notes
/etc/hosts                          Yes
/etc/hosts.allow                    Yes
/etc/exports                        Yes
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf         Yes

Configured runlevel: 5         (value of initdefault in /etc/inittab)
   Current runlevel: 5         (output of the 'runlevel' command)

Installation dir...: /opt/ltsp