Colorizing tail

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Dec 22 23:54:43 UTC 2006

    I keep a running tail of several weblogs on my console:

    tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log.site1 -f
/var/log/httpd/access_log.site2 -f /var/log/httpd ...etc., etc.

    Which then displays on the console as:

    ==> /var/log/httpd/access_log.site1 <==

    ==> /var/log/httpd/access_log.site2 <==

    etc., etc.

    I'm wondering if there's a way to colorize that per log (as opposed
to per matched string.)  Right now when I look at the console, I have to
sometimes scroll up to find the ==> <== line to figure out which log I'm
looking at, whereas if it's colored it's easy (easier?) to tell.

    -- A