Compaq iPAQ interface with FC6?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Dec 23 18:06:08 UTC 2006

I have a hand held computer plugged into the usb port but this is as far
as it goes apparently. nothing shows on the desktop display as is the
usual case with a few other things I have tried.  The user keeps
information in it that he would like to exchange with an FC6 desktop
computer if possible.  This is a Compaq iPAQ model 3970 and appears to
run a version of Windows.

Any suggestions as to what to do next will be appreciated.

lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 049f:0003 Compaq Computer Corp. iPAQ PocketPC
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 03f0:0701 Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 5300c/5370c
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

A google search indicated that others have installed Linux on some of
these iPAQ's but I would prefer not to do that unless it is an absolute
necessity and perhaps not then?  I might convince him he doesn't need it ...

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin