NVidia TNT2 AGP 128-BIT 3D Graphics Card And Compiz

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Sun Dec 24 05:15:16 UTC 2006

Jafaruddin Lie wrote:
> Hi Jeffrey
> Had similar setup (Dell + Nvidia card) with the same problem.
> Solved it by installing the nv driver from livna.
> Have you tried using the driver from rpm.livna.org <http://rpm.livna.org>?
> To install the repo to yum:
> rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm
>
> Then:
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nvidia <http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nvidia>
> --> follow the instruction here to install and get the driver
>

>     --
>

> --
> Registered Linux user no. 384430
Hello Jafaruddin,

   Thanks for the help.  However, when going to the site that you
recommended above, it brings me to information that talks about those
who have an ATI Radeon Card installed.  It stated that you have to
uninstall the nvidia drivers and use the one designed for Fedora.
However, I have a NVidia card installed and I don't know where to go
from here. Do I install the drivers recommended for Fedora or do I
install the Nvidia legacy drivers?

--
Jeffrey D. Yuille
44 Royal Drive, apt # 103