Any good check printing programs?

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 25 04:39:20 UTC 2006

As an exercise in getting familiar with the Qt 4 toolkit, I'm working
on a program that seems to be missing from all the linux money
programs I can discover (gnucash, kmymoney, etc). None of 'em can
print real physical checks worth spit (or even at all for some).

I figure I can just make this a stand alone program that prints
checks and generates .qif files at the same time, which I can then
import into the money program of my choice.

Does this sound remotely useful? Have I missed some program that does
a good job of check printing (quicken does, of course, but the point
is to get away from windows).

Is it worth aiming to make this thing release quality, or should
I just stick with the learning exercise? :-).