gst-register

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Dec 25 22:40:35 UTC 2006

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006, Geoffrey Leach wrote:

> gst-register appears to have been a part of the gstreamer distribution at
> least as late as FC4, but it's no longer there.  Anyone know what happened?

If you are trying to get Totem to recognize 3rd-party codecs, you should
remove your .gstreamer directory and run gst-inspect.

That seems to allow me to play the various formats, but it doesn't solve
the "no URI handler for mss" problem when playing Web streams.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu