MS office Under Linux

Edward Dekkers edward at tdcs.com.au
Tue Dec 26 05:58:05 UTC 2006

Liloulinx wrote:
> "Crossover Office" is not free.
> I have tryed to install MS-office with Wine but I encontoured a problem.
> Is there any things or an other tool to add in order to solve this problem.
> Liloulinx

Two real options if you don't want to pay:

1> Use OpenOffice instead. There's a reason MS Office won't run under
Linux very well - it wasn't designed for it. I wouldn't hold your breath
  waiting for Microsoft to make a "Microsoft Office for Linux".

2> Get a virtual machine emulator for Linux, and install Windows and
Office under that.

Regards,
Ed.