Getting different library handles while loading the same library.

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Tue Dec 26 13:48:29 UTC 2006

On Tuesday, Dec 26th 2006 at 18:39 +0530, quoth Krishnan VR:

=>Hi,
=>        Two different applications were trying to load the same shared library
=>one after the other.  The handle of the library is different. This is
=>hapenning in Fedora core 3.  Is there any way to get the same handle of the
=>library when multiple applications were trying to load it.
=>
=>Thanks
=>Krishnan V R

Two factors may be affecting you. Look at LD_LIBRARY_PATH and look at
/etc/ld.so.conf

steveo at syslang.net