Quick Silly question re eject ?? -- BTW

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Tue Dec 26 18:02:12 UTC 2006

Hi; As a By the way;

I do have the cd ejected by using root]# eject -v /dev/hdc.

On Tue, 2006-12-26 at 12:25 -0500, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> My cdrw has a disk in it, I put in while I was booted into WindowsXp.
> Now I am logged into FC6 as a user and I want to eject the cd
> (in /dev/hdc).  There is no mount instructions in fstab.  If I remember
> correctly that was were the automatic mount instruction used to be.
> Before I start playing around with fstab, is this where I should try for
> a fix?

I am trying to setup is the permissions so that all users can eject no
matter who or where the cd was originally inserted.

Currently /dev/hdc has owner as UID and group as 'disk'.

To the 'disk' group I have added the uid (names) of two users but this
doesn't seem to work.
--
Regards Bill