FireWire iPod?

Nick Webb webbn at acm.org
Tue Dec 26 18:14:58 UTC 2006

Hi Tim,

> This wouldn't be one of those iPods that only uses the Firewire socket
> as a power socket?  I was reading about some of the strange evolution of
> the iPod the other day, can't remember where from, though.

I guess it is, I think just about all iPods are this way, whether USB
or FireWire, if you plug them into a USB/FireWire port they start
charging.

Anyway, I've ordered a $20 USB 2.0 card (adaptec) to just put this
issue to rest, since it works flawlessly with USB.  I needed more
ports anyway.

Thanks,
Nick