VOTE

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Dec 27 16:01:25 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 27 December 2006 08:50, Les Mikesell wrote:

>>> Boy! Those C people sound like a very bad group .
>>> Back in the "Basic" days of computers they where more friendly.
>>
>> Nah, its all propaganda from the "if you can't dazzle them with
>> brilliance, baffle them with technospeak" crowd.
>
>Or ranting from someone who had to maintain code with thousands of
>goto's to targets not visible on the same page and mostly slight
>spelling variations of the same word.   It is easy to lose the logic
>if you can't track the program flow.

And that's dead on too, Les.  Years ago I went through an amiga program
full of goto's and buggier than a 10 day old carcass, changing every goto
name into something I could remember.  I found and fixed 7 or 8 bugs and
made a stable program out of it that way, but before I was done I
questioned every aspect of the authors breeding.  That was back when I
had CommodeDoor stuff under the desk...  Seems like yesterday but it was
probably in the early 90's.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)