Help for firefox neededhelp for firefox needed

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Dec 27 17:32:59 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 27 December 2006 03:25, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-26 at 18:01 -0600, Chris Mohler wrote:
> > Odd, I can't get it working in FC6 (Firefox 1.5.0.8) either.
> >
> > I had the same error message as the OP until I removed mplayerplug-in
> > and installed realplayer10GOLD.bin.  Now, the player just "sits
> > there", and never loads a song.
> >
> > I disabled the adblock extension, but that didn't help.
> >
> > If you click on the 'help' button on the player, it provides
> > instructions for Linux - what are we missing?
>
> Man, I haven't a clue. I'm using FF2.0 and dnloaded Realplayer10GOLD.bin
> and nadda. So i erased the mplayer plugin and all I got was a bunch of
> streaming ads, which appeared to work quite well. As a matter of Fact, I
> don't see what chance a song has on that site for all the streaming ads.
> I plugged my mplayerplugin back in and vow to never visit this site
> again. Check out Amir Diab for great Egyptian music. I can hardly read
> the title in the video but it looks like Wala Ala Kala, or something
> close to that. I love it. Make you wanna dance, somebody stop me! Ric

Hi Ric. Got a link to any Egyptian music radio stations? I havn't a hope on
dialup with videos.

I don't know what the problem is with Firefox, and FC6, and musicindiaonline.
On FC5, with Firefox-1.5.0.9-1.fc5 the default player was the helixplayer,
and I installed the flash-plugin, and Sun's SDK, which both showed up ok. The
indiamusic site obviously wouldn't do zilch with helixplayer, so installed
realplayer10GOLD.bin, where I usually put it in /usr/local. Firefox's
about:plugins still shows helixplayer, but the indiamusic site now plays
tunes when clicking on the "Radio MIO" box with the big tx antenna, and then
on one of the "listen" boxes. Thankfully there's no streaming adds on the
radio mio page. I don't know how this relationship between helix player and
realplayer works. It sort of looks like when I installed realplayer, it's
nphelix.so overwrote the helixplayer version of nphelix.so, but what do "I"
know.

Nigel.  Listening to Indian music in the North of France, just to prove to
myself that Firefox/Realplayer are really working on FC5.