gthumb on FC6 not seeing jpeg files

Tom Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Dec 27 23:23:31 UTC 2006

I'm baffled on how to trouble shoot this one. I have a machine running
FC6 with the 2.6.18-1.2798 kernel and gthumb-2.7.8-3. When called from
the command line as a viewer, gthumb will happily display my jpeg
files. However, used as a browser like I usually use gthumb, no jpeg
files are found, although gif files are. I'm not finding any error
messages either in the log files, nor when running gthumb from the
command line. Turning selinux on or off doesn't seem to matter.
Nautilus does see the files.

Any ideas on what is going on here? I've got a new granddaughter who
lives out of state, so pictures are the only contact at the moment.

Thanks in advance