FC6 Install Hangs

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Thu Dec 28 14:47:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 19:05 -0500, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> > When I try to install Fedora Core 6 the last message that prints to
> the
> > console is:
> > 23:19:06 INFO : no /tmp/fcpconfig; not configuring zfcp
> >
> > After that nothing happens. Anaconda is using 100% of the CPU. The
> same
> > thing happens in graphical and text modes, with and without
> askmethod.
> > Does anybody know what anaconda is doing at this point?
> >

> I have no idea as to why you are seeing this error. Did you get a
> prompt
> to enter the information?

I may have been unclear. I do not want to configure zfcp. I didn't know
what it was until this message showed up. It's fine with me that
anaconda isn't configuring zfcp. I included the message because it's the
LAST thing anaconda prints. I suspect that whatever anaconda does AFTER
checking for a zfcp configuration is causing the problem.