VOTE

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Thu Dec 28 15:05:59 UTC 2006

Around 03:54pm on Thursday, December 28, 2006 (UK time), Aaron Konstam scrawled:

> I hope everyone realizes that the COMEFROM is a joke. A language with a
> COMEFROM statement is impossible to compile.

Why?  It would be very dificult to code in, and worse to maintain and
debug and maintain.  Not sensible, but the compiler could easily parse
the code, replacing the COMEFROMs with appropriate GOTOs and then
produce object code.

I think it has been implemented in python, as a joke.

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 15:02:42 up 131 days, 17:29,  1 user,  load average: 0.17, 0.09, 0.01