Misconfiguration or ferature.

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Dec 28 16:01:15 UTC 2006

Hi;

On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 09:59 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Maybe this has been addressed before and I missed it.
> When I insert a data CD in FC6 as a normal user the CD is mounted and a
> nautilus window with its contents appear.

Had the same kind of problem the other day.  Only the user who inserted
a cd disk could eject it.

> As root the data CD is not mounted. The presferences in both cases are
> identical. Have I missed something ore are data CD-s not supposed to be
> mountable by root?
> --
Played with permissions for a couple of hours to no avail.

That evening there was an autofs upgrade; I downloaded and installed it
through yum.  Everything has worked the way it is supposed to since.

Maybe, including my users in the 'disk' group earlier helped as well.

--
Regards Bill