PL2303 & gui serial status display for /dev/ttyUSB(x)?

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 28 16:14:53 UTC 2006

Gene,

I tried a pl2303 serial to USB one and had problems. It was a radio
shack branded device.

Using FC4 at the time it looked like only every other character was
being received by the host. Data to the device was fine. Unfortunately,
I never resolved the problem and opted for a four port Keyspan device.
No problems connecting through it to the same serial device.

If the Garmin only has four wires, most likely the handshake is
XON/XOFF, if any. Does the Garmin "talk" correctly via one of the "real"
serial ports?

Bob...