qwerty layout shortcuts

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 07:49:55 UTC 2006

On 29/12/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> For those who find some key combinations awkward, I'll point out that
> when you're taught to type properly, you find out that two-key
> combinations are supposed to be done with two hands.  One hand does the
> qualifier, the other does the key.
>
> i.e. For qwerty, you'd do right hand CTRL key, left hand C key.
>
> You're not supposed to do them one-handed, no keyboard is really suited
> for that.  That's why it's painful to do.  It's also one of the reasons
> that we have shift and caps lock keys.

Thank you for the tip, Tim, but please don't ruin this thread. The
Fedora list has a [great||horrible] tendancy to take important subject
off topic. I need to reconfigure my shortcuts, and I don't want this
thread turnng into a one-hand vs. two-hand typing flame war.

Please, if anybody can assist me in reconfiguring the keyboard
shortcuts I would most appreciate it. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/lyrics/128/108/carey_mariah/daydream.php
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/webpage.html