qwerty layout shortcuts

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 10:24:08 UTC 2006

On 29/12/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 09:49 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Please, if anybody can assist me in reconfiguring the keyboard
> > shortcuts I would most appreciate it. Thanks.
>
> I would imagine you'd want to be paying to the raw scan codes (the
> positions of the keys being pressed), rather than what purpose someone
> wants to give to certain keys (e.g. that it's the letter A).

Yes, that's quite what I'd like to do. I'm not sure if KDE will look
at the raw scan codes, however. At least, I cannot find any
documentation on how to do this.

> The other thing that springs to mind, is what about making use of the
> function keys?  Many things ignore them, and you've usually got an array
> of spare keys about the keyboard you might use directly for cut and
> paste.

I actually do make heavy use of the function keys, usually for what
whatever app I'm using has them set to. Opera, for instance, makes
wonderful use of them.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/technical_answer/what_is_a_firewall.html