MS office Under Linux

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Dec 30 07:37:31 UTC 2006

Dotan Cohen:
>> Patrick, not all of us are native English speakers. Theose grammer
>> checkers are especially important for us who might be able to express
>> ourselves in English, but need to present a professional appearance.

Patrick:
> Exactly my point. If you want to present a professional appearance,
> do not rely on the grammar-checking in MS Office to get you there.
> Nothing replaces checking with a Harbrace (or a native speaker) when you
> need to make sure that what you are sending is grammatically correct.

I'd go along with that.  I am a native English speaker, and I've found
word processing grammar checking tools leave a lot to be desired.  Some
of the results, I've seen, give you the impression that a 12 year old
wrote the document.  They might find some glaring errors, but more
subtle ones go un-noticed.