openmotif gone in FC6, due to licensing issue.

Wallace Owen owen at metamachine.com
Sat Dec 30 18:45:52 UTC 2006

Hi, folks.

I updated my so/ho machine from FC3 to FC6 this week.  Looks pretty, and
as easy to get used to as an old slipper.

But I have to support software that uses the Motif widget set, and
discovered that because of licensing issues Red Hat is no longer
distributing openmotif with Fedora.

So I got the source tarball from OSF, and tried to install it.  No good.
openmotif can not be built on FC6 because it needs but can't
find /usr/include/X11/extensions/Print.h and libXp.so, which are no
longer provided by RedHat.

Does anyone know:

1) why libXp was removed (some other license issue?)?

2) how to get it back (what X SRPM do I need to build, and what do
   I need to change in it's build script to re-enable creation of
   libXp)?

  // Wally