Mail senders' address extraction

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Sat Dec 30 20:24:28 UTC 2006

I'm not sure that this is exactly OT, but FWIW....

I have a collection of Perl scripts that use Email::Simple (among other
packages) to do the following.

o Collect incoming email from POP3 accounts and local delivery
o Deliver directly that which shows up in a whitelist, including groups
o Queue the remainder for a spamc check
o Monitor a mailbox where I drop spam that gets missed and do sa-learn
o Send me a daily summary of what was dumped as spam to check for
'good' email

Note: no procmail. I use Balsa as my email client. No idea if the
scheme works with Evolution or Thunderbird. You need to grok Perl to
configure the scripts, but guru status is not required.

If anyone's interested, drop me a note and I'll send the scripts.