Thuderbird as an Evolution replacement ? (Evolution things...)

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 31 01:34:02 UTC 2006

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 17:15:26 -0700
Kim Lux <lux at diesel-research.com> wrote:

> I installed Thunderbird on a friends Windows PC the other day and it
> looked pretty spiffy.  How does it compare to Evolution ?  Is it robust
> enough to handle really large email archives ?

Don't know about large mailboxes, but I tried Sylpheed-claws (its
in extras) and liked it better than any of the other mailers
I've tried so far. (I especially like that it won't display html
mail unless I go to a lot of trouble to install an html plugin,
which I haven't done since I don't want to see that crap,
and especially don't want to inform the spammers that I
opened their mail because the html referenced some external link :-).