Cups error - "An error occurred while retrieving the printer list. ": why ?

Mark Ryden markryde at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 16:43:05 UTC 2006

 Anne,
Thnks.

>  You say you can get the cups page at
> localhost:631.  Does that find your printer(s)?  How and where are they
> connected?

It does not find any printer since I did not yet add printers;
this is a new computer with a fresh install.However, I do prefer
adding by kprinter thab by cups; and I did it more than once
on other computers in the past. And the printer attached is
not a local printer , but a printer attached to the local network
which has an IP of itself.

Regards,
Mark