FC4 - SERIOUS problem with GRUB. How can I solve this?

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:17:19 UTC 2006

[sorry for replying so late.]

On 1/29/06, Hoffmann <oasf2004 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> partition by using the program Partition Magic. My

Personally I like BootIT NG for things like this...

> GRUB propmt:
>
> grub>_

Master Boot Record still exists.  Use "parted" to make the disk label
something other than msdos, save (exited parted) then use "fdisk" to
correct the label as msdos.  This solution works for me.

> This way, I cannot go back to Windows in order to
> recreate the linux partition. I also cannot either
> reinstall Fedora or restore Windows as it was when I
> bought the machine.

In my experience Partition Magic isn't all that great (but that's my
personal opinion.)
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting