error booting FC4 DVD on MSI 7032

Antonio Barragan barragaa at ucv.ve
Thu Feb 2 19:32:35 UTC 2006

Dear All

My linux box is an MSI 7032 MB with a 40 GB hard drive (primary master)
and two CD units in the following arrangement:
LG CD-RW drive as secondary master
SAMSUNG CD-R drive as secondary slave

Some time ago I installed Fedora 3 DVD (64 bit version) and now I want
to update to FC 4.
When the system is trying to boot from the DVD, the following message
(among other things) appears:

Kernel Panic: not syncing VFS: unable to mount fs on uknown block (3.2)

If someone can explain what this means and how to correct it, I will
greatly appreciate it.

BTW, I tried the FC4 DVD on another machine and it's OK

cheers

Antonio Barragan