quota changing mystery

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Fri Feb 3 16:22:16 UTC 2006

We are having a quota changing problem. We have 50+ clients receiving
their authentication through NIS from a single server. These accounts
are all assigned an appropriate quota.

The problem is that periodically some of these quotas change an go
back to the values of a special users quota whose quota we use to
assign to new users.

No one will admit to changing these quotas intentionally. Can anyone
think of a way that the quotas could be changed by the system?

We are at the point of believing in ghosts in the server.

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484