Windows XP and fedora Core 4

Ambrogio fn050202 at flashnet.it
Sun Feb 5 18:21:42 UTC 2006

Il giorno dom, 05/02/2006 alle 13.32 +0100, Jeremy Thompson ha scritto:

  The reason, if I remeber correctly, is that windows re-writes the MBR
(master boot record) so that only windows partitions are recognized.
Therefore you need to install windows first, then Linux.  There might be
some programs out there that let you do it the other way around, but I
don't know them.  Sorry for the bad news!

Even if Windows overwrite the MBR there are two possibilities:

The first is to revrite MBR with LILO or Grub or another bootloader.

The second is the the Microsoft bootloader for Windows NT, 2000, 2003,
(and I think also for XP) is capable to call another bootloader.
So you can boot Linux by the microsoft bootloader.

The problem may be in the C: disk and in the fact that microsoft like to
boot from the first partition of the first disk.
But it's not a real problem

Searching on the net you can find a lot of articles regarding it.

Bye
 Ambrogio