Suggestion please - Binary newsgroup posting software.

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 9 20:37:31 UTC 2006

From: "Robin Laing" <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca>

> Hello,
>
> I have searched and checked the major repositories for this but I have
> not had any luck.
>
> I want a program to post multipart, rar'd and yenc encoded files to
> the alt.binary.* groups.  I would prefer a graphical front end but I
> have not really found anything that is current.
>
> I did find newspost and I am going to give it a try.  It compiled last
> night.
>
> http://newspost.unixcab.org/
>
> There is supposed to be a front end for Gnome and KDE but I could not
> get them to compile last night.  Their support is so out of date that
> they are looking for things in places that don't exist on FC4.
>

> Yea I can use Pine or other manual techniques but these are a real
> pain when uploading a 3gig multimedia file.
>
> Thank you.

Please don't do this to me when I am drinking fluids!

I hearken back to the days when use(less)net postings were limited to
32k - text. So I sat here envisioning some poor desperate sod trying
to upload 100,000 messages containing his "multimedia file."

(By the way, this was just mentioned in "Hollywood Reporter" recently.
I just lost it giggling over the concept. Anyway, Hollywood is aware
of the activity. Watch for it to get interesting with regards to
downloaders and the RIAA from Hell.)

{o.o}