SSH/hosts.allow/DHCP

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Feb 11 18:31:50 UTC 2006

    I have SSH locked down (through hosts.deny/.allow) to only allow
known IPs to connect.  This was done to curb the rash of script kiddies
banging on it with dictionary attacks.  However, one of my users is on
DHCP which means every so often I need to change his entry in my
hosts.allow file.  Bit of a pain when I'm not in town or near a machine
to check e-mail.  So the question is: is there some way to solve this
problem?

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6